Licensed Practical Nurse
The Program Nurse acts as a member of the interdisciplinary team. They aide in providing core services to Lehigh Valley Adult Services all divisions of Lehigh Valley Adult Services.
- Home care
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Night (Preferred)
- 8 hours
- 12 hours
Role & Responsibilities:
The following duties & responsibilities must be completed quarterly at a minimum:
- Quarterly Reviews of Clients Medical/ Dietetic Needs
- Review of Medication Procedures
- Medication Administration Record Review
- Medication Monitoring and Coordination
- Care Plan Reviews/ Personal Care Policy Review
- Training and Education
- Infection Control
- Dietary and Nutrition Planning
- Falls Prevention
- Medical Emergencies
- Medication administration
- Thorough knowledge of professional nursing principles, practices, and standards
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, associates, patients, and their families.
- Performs comprehensive assessments as necessary for consumers, including physical, psycho-social, and environmental parameters.
- Provide skilled interventions with a focus on achieving realistic client outcomes within a specified time period.
- Report changes and information necessary to modify and update the care plan to reflect progress towards goals.
- Assesses, plans, coordinates, and evaluates residents’ care along with members of the interdisciplinary team
- Supervises directs and evaluates staff as directed.
- Assures compliance with LVAS policies and procedures
- Give feedback and participates in performance appraisals as assigned.
- Coordinates and performs admission, transfer, and discharge of LVAS consumers.
- Completes all appropriate assessments relative to the residents' needs and status
- Completes records and reports as directed
- Provides direct care and/or assists with care as directed and consistent with their scope of practice and competency
- Administering medications as ordered, including next scheduled dose following admissions.
- Review missions and notify appropriate supervisor of medications not available
- Notifies supervisors of discrepancies in drug inventories
- Assists with the clinical discharge process
- Must provide appropriate support and coordination of medical appointments
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and work instructions.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak and communicate well with customers and staff.
- Must have customer service skills and the ability to work independently
Physical Demands & Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
- Reaching above shoulder height or below the waist
- Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day.
- Proper lifting techniques required.
- May include lifting up to 50 pounds for files or computer printouts on occasion.
- Hear and speak sufficiently clear with other individuals both in person and over the telephone
- Effectively hold staff meetings
- Discuss treatment and answer staff questions.
- Current licensed Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of PA. Candidate must have geriatric experience or experience with adults with functional impairment.
- LPN practice: 1 year ( Preferred )
- Associate (Required)
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Certificates, Licenses, & Registrations
- Driver's License (Required)
- Current license with the State of Pennsylvania.
- Must have a pristine record with the State Nurses Aide Registry
- Medication Administration Train the Trainer- Preferred
- United States (Required)
- 50% (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly